EfficientGovNow Voting Heats Up
July 20, 2009
CLEVELAND – Three weeks into EfficientGovNow voting, front runners are emerging—with the leading four vote-getters running an especially tight race.
With more than 6,500 ballots cast by unique Northeast Ohioans since July 1, the standings of the nine finalists as of this morning, starting with the leader, are:
- Mahoning River Corridor Web site: "Rollin' on the River"
- Mahoning / Youngstown Regional Information System (MYRIS)
- Rittman and Orrville Schools Administrative Compact
- Westshore Regional Fire District Project (Cuyahoga and Lorain Counties)
- Sustain a Greener Ohio: A collaboration to map the Storm Water Conveyance System in Stark County
- Master Plan for the Western Reserve Joint Economic Development Zone of the Cities of Cuyahoga Falls, Hudson and Stow
- Creating Efficiencies and Cost-Savings through Consolidation of Public Health Services in Summit County
- Combined Dispatch to Use New Technology to Save Lives and Money (Ashland County)
- City/Township/School District Fleet Management Collaboration Project (New Russia, Oberlin)
The top three vote-getters will share $300,000 in grant money from the Fund for Our Economic Future, which organized the program to promote government efficiency and collaboration.
Voting closes at end of day Friday, July 31.
“The response from the public to EfficientGovNow and these projects is tremendous,” says Brad Whitehead, president, Fund for Our Economic Future. “Each finalist is conducting a strong ‘get out the vote’ campaign and the residents of Northeast Ohio are responding. Their votes show that they agree that increasing government collaboration and efficiency is important to strengthening our region’s economic competitiveness.”
Winners of the EfficientGovNow awards will be announced in early August.
Details on the nine competing projects can be viewed on the EfficientGovNow Web site, www.EfficientGovNow.org. Residents of Northeast Ohio can vote in one of three ways – online at www.EfficientGovNow.org, by calling 1-877-771-5206 or with a mail-in ballot included in brochures at libraries throughout Northeast Ohio. Each individual may cast only one ballot.
ABOUT THE FUND FOR OUR ECONOMIC FUTURE
The Fund for Our Economic Future is a collaboration of more than 100 foundations, organizations and philanthropists from across Northeast Ohio that strengthens the region’s economic competitiveness through grantmaking, civic engagement and research.
For more information, contact:
Fund for Our Economic Future